The Beach Houses 10 Terms & Conditions
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- A deposit of £150 is required within one week of telephone reservation. The balance plus the £100 returnable ‘Good Housekeeping’ Bond must be paid six weeks before arrival. The proprietors reserve the right to re-let the house if the balance is not paid when due. Deposits will be returned should there be no vacancy. For late bookings of 4 weeks or less before arrival, the full amount is required on booking.
- No bookings are accepted from persons less than 18 year of age and we regret that we are unable to accommodate all male or all female parties or singles groups (unless agreed with the proprietors, who reserve the right to request an extra good housekeeping deposit should it be deemed necessary).
- The tenancy may not be sub-let, and is limited to the people stated at the time of booking, unless by prior arrangement with the proprietors. Under no circumstances whatsoever are any other persons allowed to use the facilities of the accommodation.
- Customers are strongly advised to take out ‘Holiday Insurance’ to cover cancellation after a booking has been confirmed. No refunds can be made unless you have taken out holiday cancellation insurance. Customers are reminded that they are legally responsible for payment of the full amount should the accommodation not be re-let. No liability can be accepted should the accommodation not be available due to circumstances beyond the control of the proprietors.
- Bedding and towels are included for weekly bookings. For bookings of less than a week, bedding and towels can be provided at a charge of £5 per person per stay. The house also contains washing/drying and ironing facilities.
- Accommodation is available from 4pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure to enable us to prepare for the next tenant.
- You are expected to leave the house in the same clean and tidy condition as when you started your holiday. There will be a ‘charge’ for losses, breakages and if required any ‘extra’ cleaning, your ‘Good Housekeeping’ refundable bond will be adjusted accordingly. If damage/loss exceed the £100.00, you will be charged for the difference. Providing there is no damage to the property the bond will be refunded 2 days after departure and a cheque will be sent to your home address. (Please check the inventory on arrival and departure and report any discrepancies).
- No smoking policy. Dogs are allowed by prior arrangement with the proprietors. The 'Good Housekeeping Bond' will be raised to £150 should you be staying with a dog.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse accommodation, and any person/s whose behaviour interferes with the comfort and enjoyment of neighbours or other tenants, or is deemed unacceptable by the proprietors, will be required to leave without refund.
- The proprietors cannot accept responsibility or liability for any personal injury sustained by any person, or damage to, or loss of any property brought to the premises, including your vehicle in the car parking area.
In conclusion, we would like to say that these conditions have been drawn up to ensure that you have a happy and enjoyable holiday at The Beach House, Whitstable, Kent.
The header photos were given by kind permission. To see more of Richard Drew's beautiful photos click here.